Location: Bengaluru, India
Position Type: Full-time Regular
As part of the Customer Engineering team, build, install, configure and integrate our virtualized eNodeB solution on customer premises. Support the integration of Altiostar eNB and EMS solution into customer lab/commercial networks. Set up the end to end network connectivity between Altiostar and customer VPNs.
- LTE, packet core, and eNodeB comprehension
- Comprehensive understanding of layer 2 networking (Ethernet) and layer 3 networking (IP) including:
- VLAN tagging, switch/router configuration
- Knowledge of DHCP, ARP, Spanning Tree and related protocols, other protocols such as TCP, UDP, IPSEC, ICMP, etc., subnetting and routing
- Knowledge of DHCP, ARP, Spanning Tree and related protocols
- Ability to debug end-to-end connection issues
- Experience troubleshooting layer 2 and layer 3 issues using sniffers (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of VPN and firewall security including experience with firewall/VPN appliances and iptables
- Comprehensive understanding of common networking infrastructure protocols and services including DHCP and DNS
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring server hardware including RAID controllers and network infrastructure components
- Knowledge of COTS hardware servers
- Physical setup (racking, DIMM/NIC/drive installation, cabling)
- RAID configurations
- BIOS/firmware setup
- Power options
- Comprehensive understanding of operating systems, especially Linux, including configuring host networking.
- Knowledge of Linux systems
- RAID configurations
- Bare-metal Linux installations (Centos especially)
- Linux software setup (package installation, networking setup, bridge configurations)
- KVM-based VM setup/creation (including VM networking via bridging)
- Comprehensive understanding of hypervisors including libvirt (KVM), VMware and OpenStack.
- Knowledge of SAN devices helpful
- Ability to Plan and Document Setups
- Perform site reviews to identify requirements
- Document required components, networking connections, power connections
- Ability to write clear and understandable documents in English, both as proposals and to document setups
- Some overseas travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 6-10 years as SMTS
- Self-starter who likes debugging complex issues and takes pride in finding issues on the device under test
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Altiostar is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status and any other protected characteristics.