Location: Tewksbury, MA
Reports To: Corporate Controller
Position Type: Full-time Regular
Reporting to the Corporate Controller the Manager of Accounting will be an individual who has continuously demonstrated their expertise and experience in each of the major aspects of financial accounting, reporting, tax, and compliance.
As a manager, this role supervises the company’s general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and order entry functions, but is also directly responsible for executing more complex functions. This individual will be adept at applying accounting principles and processes, analyzing financial information, and managing the monthly close process as it pertains to the company’s growing US operations.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and managing monthly and annual financial close processes including management of the daily accounting work, reconciliations, reporting and acting as a liaison with external auditors.
- Manage routine accounting processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cash Management, and Sales Order entry, and effectively delegate work within the accounting group.
- Monthly preparation and review of financial statements to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policy.
- Collaboration with FP&A to analyze and summarize business and financial results for management.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization. Partner with non-finance business leaders to identify necessary operational process improvements.
- Plan for and assist with accounting system upgrades, and other process and application needs for a rapidly scaling organization.
- Manage the company’s sales and use tax process including filing returns and assist with the preparation of domestic income tax returns including interfacing with outside tax advisors.
- Review monthly and quarterly payroll reconciliations.
- Interpret sales compensation plans and calculate quarterly commission payments.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires strong leadership, organizational, collaboration, and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi-task in an ever changing environment. Requirements for the successful candidate include:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting is required
- 7+ years of experience in general accounting, international accounting, assurance, financial reporting, tax and systems experience; Experience in Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred
- Experience in multi-currency accounting and reporting activities for US and international operations
- Ability to understand the strategic vision, but also willing to roll up his or her sleeves as needed
- The ability to work independently and take ownership of his/her work coupled with the ability to work on a team and contribute to that team
- A track record of building motivated, high-performing teams
- The ability to deliver clear, concise, and effective messages orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, responding to needs with appropriate urgency and responsiveness
- Ability to maintain professional maturity and ability to exercise appropriate judgment
- Experience and proficiency in using structured accounting systems is required, experience with Dynamics AX is a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is expected
- Other duties as assigned
Altiostar is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status and any other protected characteristics.