Leading Network Transformation
Product Manager, Hardware
Our unique 4G/5G Open vRAN solution is designed to improve quality of experience, enhance spectral efficiency, and significantly reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Our product is designed with leading edge hardware & software technologies. We have a team of passionate professionals who understand mobile network operator’s requirements & vision. Our objective is to provide mobile network operators with the equipment required to deploy and expand their 4G/5G networks quickly and efficiently in the most feature rich and cost effective way.
Location: Tewksbury, MA US
Position Type: Regular, Full-time
Summary: Altiostar has one opening in its Product Management team for an individual with strong hardware and RAN/Radio expertise. This individual would work closely with Product Management, Customers, and Altiostar Engineering to develop hardware strategy and in all areas of the vRAN system lifecycle.
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Development of innovative hardware strategy and contributions toward system architecture in conjunction with Altiostar Engineering
- Understand customer needs to clearly define solution and product requirements considering available Open RAN solutions and competitive environment
- Contribute hardware expertise to industry workgroups and standards organizations such as ORAN
- Own Hardware Product Lifecycle and Strategy
- Manage 3rd Party Hardware Products and Relationships as if part of organic product portfolio
- Provide requirements for testing, integration, and interoperability of hardware products
- Lead integration and testing efforts with 3rd party radio products
- Work with Product Marketing to develop compelling customer collateral
- Review technical specification in RFIs/RFPs and provide input to Sales
- Drive efforts across teams and stakeholders including Sales, Sales Engineering, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing and Operations to successfully launch product upgrades, new products and features
- Willingness to Travel Globally, up to 10-20% of the time
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Related Field.
- 5+ years of experience in RAN or related experience dealing with Mobile Network Operators
- RF Hardware Experience, including advanced Antenna Technologies such as Massive MIMO and Beamforming
- Working Knowledge of Mobile standards and evolution (3GPP,CPRI, eCPRI, 4G/LTE-A, 5G)
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Transport)
- Understanding of network synchronization: GPS, IEEE 1588v2, Synchronous Ethernet
- Understanding and working contributions to TIP/ORAN hardware workgroups a huge plus
- Strong skills in technical writing
- Ability to build relationships across organizations
Altiostar is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status and any other protected characteristics.