Leading Network Transformation
Sr. QA Engineer – 5G
Altiostar is the mobile broadband industry’s first provider of Virtual RAN (vRAN) for 4G and 5G. Our unique solution is designed to improve quality of experience, enhance spectral efficiency and significantly reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). The Altiostar disruptive innovation has been deployed globally including the world first cloud native mobile network in Japan. Join our team of passionate, experienced professionals who understand the mobile network operators’ requirements and vision.
Location: Tewksbury, MA, USA
Position Type: Regular full time
Summary: Member of QA team focused on testing 5G wireless and cloud-based solutions
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Going through 3GPP standards, architecture and design documents to come up with thorough and in-depth test plans for testing 5G NR functionalities.
- Creating test scripts using available test tools. This will involve getting familiarized with the test tools and figuring out innovative ways of re-creating practically possible scenarios.
- Ability to build simple/complex test setups as per the requirements of the test cases
- Creating test plans on 5G NR features by following 3GPP and ORAN standards
- Executing test cases and validating the test status based on the expectations for the test case.
- Ability to fully understand system logs, test tool logs and use this understanding for debugging issues and identifying accurate root causes for the problems seen on the system under test or in the network
- Using the test expertise and identifying overall improvements and enhancements which are possible on the system
- Debugging field log/data and identifying potential problems and re-creating the same in the lab
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering
- Candidate should have 6-8 years of experience
- Self-starter who likes debugging complex issues and takes pride in finding issues on the device under test
- In-depth knowledge of 5G NR wireless domain
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP and ORAN specs covering PHY, MAC, SDAP, PDCP, RLC, RRC, NGAP and XNAP protocols
- Hands on work experience of testing 5G NR
- Hands on experience in using wireless test tools such as QXDM, TM500, Channel Emulator, etc.
- Knowledge of message flows and parameters used in the messages for 5G NR procedures
- Understanding of 5G spec Release 15 and previous 3GPP specs
- Familiarity with SON functionalities is desirable
- Familiarity in analyzing drive test data collected from field using tools like TEMS, XCAL Accuver etc.
- Familiarity with application layer optimizations; TCP traffic optimization, Video traffic optimization etc.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Tcl
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Altiostar is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status and any other protected characteristics.