Technical Staff – QA Team – IN-8
Altiostar is the mobile broadband industry’s first provider of Virtual RAN (vRAN) with Ethernet front haul, for software-intensive LTE eNodeB. Our unique solution is designed to improve quality of experience, enhance spectral efficiency and significantly reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Join our team of passionate, experienced professionals who understand the mobile network operators’ requirements and vision.
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Summary: Member of a QA team focused on testing LTE eNodeBs
- Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Review 3GPP standards, architectural and design documents to develop thorough and in-depth test plans for testing LTE eNodeB functionalities.
- Create test scripts using available test tools. This involves getting familiarized with the test tools and figuring out innovative ways of re-creating practically possible scenarios.
- Build test setups as per the requirements of the test case.
- Execute test cases and validating the test status based on the expectations for the test case.
- Analyze system logs, test tool logs and use this information for debugging issues and identifying accurate root causes for the problems seen on the system under test or in the network.
- Use test expertise to identify overall improvements and enhancements which are possible on the system.
- Debug field data and identifying potential problems and re-creating the same in the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 2-6 years for MTS, 6-11 years for SMTS, 11-16 years for PMTS
- Self-starter who likes debugging complex issues and takes pride in finding issues on the device under test
- In-depth knowledge of LTE Access domain
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP specs covering PHY, MAC, PDCP, RLC, RRC, S1AP and X2AP protocols
- Hands on work experience of testing LTE eNodeBs
- Hands on experience in using test tools
- Knowledge of message flows and parameters used in the messages for LTE procedures
- Understanding of LTE Release 10 and Release 11 features
- Familiarity with LTE SON functionalities is desirable
- Familiarity in analyzing drive test data collected from field using tools like TEMS, XCAL Accuver etc.
- Familiarity with application layer optimizations; TCP traffic optimization, Video traffic optimization etc.
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Tcl, Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Altiostar is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status and any other protected characteristics.
Other Job Openings
- Senior QA Engineer
Altiostar provides a 5G-ready virtualized RAN software solution that supports…
- Network Consultant
About Altiostar: Altiostar is the mobile broadband industry’s first provider…
- RFP Technical Manager
Tewksbury, MA, US
- Technology Evangelist
Tewksbury, MA, US
- Sr. Product Manager for 5G
Tewskbury, MA, US