Leading Network Transformation
The Quad Open RAN Forum
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM EDT
Altiostar EVP, Product Management & Strategy Thierry Maupile will be presenting at 8:25 am on the panel “Open RAN Technical Performance,” with fellow panelists from Radysis, Telstra, and NTT DoCoMo.
Australia, India, Japan, and the U.S. are home to 24% of the world’s population, 35% of the world’s GDP, and many of the world’s leading technology and telecoms companies. The Quad governments have emphasized the importance of secure and trusted network infrastructure, and the need for greater vendor diversity across the telecoms ecosystem, objectives that Open RAN can help deliver.
Open RAN has been deployed in 35 countries on a pilot or commercial basis already, including in Australia, India, Japan, and the U.S. To support the significant investment that the private sector has already made in Open RAN, governments have a critical role in creating an enabling environment to further support its development and adoption, fostering a vibrant ecosystem of vendors.
The Quad Open RAN Forum will bring together government and industry leaders for the first time to discuss existing Open RAN deployments, the security of Open RAN networks, and how the transition to Open RAN will promote competition, security, and technological neutrality in the telecoms ecosystem.
Speakers will include:
- Thierry Maupile, EVP, Product Management & Strategy, Altiostar
- Pardeep Kohli, President & CEO, Mavenir
- Shawn Hakl, VP of 5G Strategy, Microsoft
- Takayuki Morita, President & Chief Executive Officer, NEC Corporation
- Naoki Tani, EVP, CTO & Executive General Manager of R&D Innovation, NTT Docomo
- Arun Bhikshesvaran, CEO, Radisys
- C. P. Gurnani, CEO & Managing Director, Tech Mahindra
- Sumit Dhawan, President, VMWare
- Yasuo Tawara, Director-General of the Global Strategy Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Government of Japan
- Marc Ablong, Deputy Secretary, National Resilience & Cyber Security, Department of Home Affairs, Government of Australia
- Anne Neuberger, Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technologies, Government of the United States (Invited)